There is a reason why we are nuts about this Australian native skin 'super-food' and it's not just how they taste (especially when coated in chocolate and dusting of sea salt).
Macadamia Oil is both vitamin and-nutrient rich and our skin loves it! This multitasking skin hero provides a wide range of benefits for all skin types. These benefits range from skin-healing and moisturising to its ability to help calm and soothe your sensitive skin.
ABOUT MACADAMIA OIL
Cold-pressed from the pulp of the Macadamia Nut, this luscious lightweight oil contains a variety of ingredients that your skin will love, including:
1. Palmitoleic acid (Omega 7): This is a fatty acid that is naturally found in the skin. As we age, the levels of palmitoleic acid in our skin decrease, leading to dryness and wrinkles. Macadamia oil is abundant in palmitoleic acid, which can help restore moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Oleic acid (Omega 9) Oleic acid is a fatty acid that can help improve skin texture and reduce inflammation. It can also help enhance the penetration of other ingredients into the skin.
3. Linoleic acid: (Omega 6) Linoleic acid is an essential fatty acid that plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy skin barrier. It can help reduce inflammation and prevent moisture loss.
4. Vitamin E: Macadamia oil is rich in vitamin E, which is a potent antioxidant. Vitamin E can help protect the skin from (free radical) environmental damage, which can lead to premature aging.
5. Squalene: It is naturally produced in young skin but Squalene production reduces with age. Squalene is often added to skincare as it is an excellent antioxidant, it is a fabulous emollient and has been found to be a robust UV damage repairer.
6. Phytosterols: Phytosterols are plant-based compounds that can help soothe and heal the skin. They can also help reduce inflammation and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
Overall, the combination of these beneficial ingredients makes macadamia oil an excellent choice for those looking to improve the health and appearance of their skin.
WHY MACADAMIA OIL IS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN
Macadamia Oil is excellent for the skin due to its unique composition of fatty acids and other nutrients. Here are some reasons why macadamia oil is good for your skin ;
Powerful Hydration: Macadamia oil is an excellent emollient that helps to soften and moisturise the skin. It contains high levels of palmitoleic acid, a fatty acid that is naturally present in the skin and helps to maintain its moisture levels. The oil is easily absorbed by the skin and helps to prevent dryness and flakiness.
- Reduces inflammation: A natural anti-inflammatory to help soothe irritated skin and reduce redness.
- Helps repair scars & stretch marks: Rich in Omega-7 known for its skin healing and nourishing properties, Macadamia oil can help to repair damaged skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Protects the skin: Macadamia oil is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E, which help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and environmental stressors such as UV radiation and pollution.
- Anti-aging: Rich is Squalene which helps with skin renewal, Macadamia Oil can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles whilst helping improve skin elasticity and firmness.
QED Products that contain Macadamia Oil