Winter's chill feels bitter for some people, making them feel sleepy, slow and generally miserable. Yet others find the chill of Winter invigorating, making them energised and excited. Conversely, Summer makes some people feel sluggish and others sexy.
Yes, we are all different. (Yay!) And the changing of seasons triggers different emotions within us. But the temperature drop does create a need to feel warm, cosy and safe.
THE ROLE OF SCENT ON YOUR MOOD
Scent also affects us in ways that go beyond simply making us feel happy or sad. It affects how we think, our energy levels, and our general wellbeing.
An aroma affects us emotionally because it often triggers memories and feelings. We associate a particular smell with a positive experience and so, we feel happy. But that same scent can create the opposite effect in someone else, making them sad.
Smell can even make us hungry or tired, energised or relaxed or help us concentrate and focus.
MATCH YOUR PRODUCTS WITH A SCENT TO MATCH YOUR MOOD
Harness the emotional power of scent by adding your choice of scent to your skin and body care products.
For Winter, we love scents that are woody for their grounding properties and subtle notes like Cedar Bark and Petitgrain. Or look for rich and spicy tones for a feeling of warmth, like Cinnamon and Cardamom.
OUR 5 MOST POPULAR WINTER SCENTS ARE:
CINNAMON LEAF + NEROLI 6 – Instantly addictive, this scent is warm, sweet, and heart warming and reminiscent of comforting baking aromas. This scent goes beautifully with the Wrinkle Rewind No Rinse Cleanser for a warming, uplifting cleanse.
- WILD VANILLA + YLANG YLAN 6 – Such an alluring, warming scent. A heady blend of exquisite Wild Vanilla with the lush, floral sweetness of Ylang Ylang. If you love Vanilla, you cannot go past this one ! The Body Butter's glorious lusciousness pairs perfectly with this Vanilla scent. Just resist the temptation to taste it.
- LEMONGRASS + CARDAMON 8 – The lush, sweet and invigorating aromas of Lemongrass balance perfectly with the warm and earthy cardamom tones creating a truly addictive scent. This invigorating scent gives a boost to your morning with the Wrinkle Rewind Day Cream-Ultra-Rich.
- FRESH PETITGRAIN + ROSEWOOD 8 - A heady mix of zesty and lemony notes, closely followed with the sweet, rich woodiness of rosewood. Gorgeously fresh, crisp and refreshing yet utterly soothing and relaxing. This scent pairs beautifully with The Body Cleanser for a mini-spa experience .
- BERGAMOT + LAVENDER 6 - For the ultimate all-sensory wake up call ! A surprising aroma where the fresh, grassy, almost citrus Bergamot hits you first, followed by a tease of Lavender, hiding behind a woody infusion of Rosewood. Imagine cold nights, drifting away in a warm bath with a few drops of The Bath Oil infused with this scent. Relaxation plus.
WHY SHOULD YOU SCENT MATCH YOUR SKIN AND BODY CARE?
Because you can. And you should.
Scent is such a powerful emotional tool, so why wouldn't you take advantage of it? And a 'one scent fits all' approach to products leaves that benefit on the table.
So the beauty of scent customisation at QED Skincare is that you can choose your scent and also which products you scent.
You may decide to keep your skin care fragrance-free but add scent to your body products or visa versa. Mix and match your combinations to suit your skin, mood and season.
Scent layering is a perfect way to cocoon yourself in your favourite scent. Perhaps take a bath using The Bath Oil and then moisturise your body in the same scent for the ultimate layering experience.
HOW SCENT CUSTOMISATION WORKS
- Choose your product.
- Choose your scent from 12 plant-based scents.
- Need help choosing? The QED Scent Selector is a 2 minute quiz which will get you sorted or visit the QED Scent Library to browse for yourself.
- We will hand-blend your scent into your product.
- Enjoy your happy skin and feel happy too!
SHOP ALL THE PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS ARTICLE HERE :
1.Wrinkle Rewind No Rinse Cleanser
2.The Body Butter
3.Wrinkle Rewind Day Cream-Ultra-Rich.
4.The Body Cleanser
5.The Bath Oil From $32
MORE ARTICLES THAT MAY INTEREST YOU :
All about Scent Customisation
Visit The QED Scent Library
Visit The QED Scent Selector
The Science between Scent and Mood